Monday, December 15, 2008

It doesn't take much to make me happy....

A couple of months ago, I reached into my purse to pull out my keys, and the key to my van had come unattached from my key chain. The little circle that goes onto the key chain broke...making it impossible for me to attach it to the key chain!



It was annoying to carry only the single key, not be able to attach it to our key holder in the laundry room, constantly be digging for it in my purse. So, finally, I decided to call the dealer to find out how much it would be to purchase a new one. Of course, they can't just replace the black part of the key, the WHOLE THING has to be replaced. And do you want to know how much they wanted for a new key?.......






$185.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right...you read that correctly...$185.00 to buy the key and have it programmed to work with my van. No way!!! I am NOT paying that kind of money for a key. I decided there has to be some sort of solution for this problem. There is no way I am the only person to deal with this.

Enter the Click Slicker! I love the internet! After searching for a few minutes online, I found the Clicker Slicker...a little leather pouch that you put your key in and attach to your key ring. Guess how much I paid??? $13.99 plus $3.00 shipping!!!!!



Don't tell me I need to pay $185.00 to get a new key...my key is now the proud new owner of the Clicker Slicker!!

Life is good...and I am happy!

P.S. I purchased the black one in hopes that it would blend in a little better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kudos! clickerslickers.com is the proud online distributor in the USA of the Remote Tote; a patented leather car remote cover. We are so pleased that this solution worked for you as it has for thousands of others!