Thursday, February 5, 2009

Threading...OUCH!!!

Today I went into a store at the mall to have my eyebrows waxed. I had never been to this store before. When I sat down, the lady pulled out a spool of thread instead of the usual wax. I had heard of Threading before, but had never had it done. She said it wouldn't hurt that bad. She was wrong.

Below is a picture of Threading, but I can guarantee you that my face did not look as peaceful as the lady in the picture while it was being done! It is something that has been done for a long time in Eastern countries like Egypt and India. It is supposed to be better for your skin and last longer than regular waxing. It hurts. I am just sayin'....maybe it's better for my skin...but it hurts!!! We'll see if it lasts any longer! I don't like pain.


P.S. For those of you with light colored hair who don't have to get your eyebrows waxed...be thankful you will never experience Threading!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I had this done, for the first time, last year. Let me just say...I only got one eye done that day. "Ouch" is putting it mildly! lol. I did go back this year, and I ALLOWED them to do both eyes. It hurt a little less, since I knew what to expect, and it lasted FOREVER!