Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Granny!!

Yesterday my Granny turned 85!!!! You would never know she was 85. She is very active, loves to work in her flowers, works out on her bike in the basement. I love Granny....a lot! Last August our family lost Pa...Granny's husband. Sometimes, it is really hard to believe he is gone. It was very unexpected. One day he went in for a simple procedure....3 weeks later he was gone. This weekend I am taking my girls up to Akron to see Granny. You see, when Pa died, it had been a few months since I had seen him and when we got the "call" to come to the hospital, I left immediately for the 4 hour drive. By the time I got to the hospital, he was sedated and I never got to talk to him again. I will never forget the feeling of just wanting to talk to him one more time. I promised that would not happen again. I do my very best to see Granny once a month....if at all possible. I learned in August, there is no promise of tomorrow. We have to make it a point to spend time with those we love! Not trying to depress anyone...just reminding you of something I wish I had been reminded of before August!

No comments: