Tuesday, May 20, 2008

32 Going on 13...


It all started a few weeks back when I found myself downloading onto my ipod a Miley Cyrus song. That's right...tween sensation Miley Cyrus...Hannah Montana...the same show I wouldn't let Britlyn watch! I can't help it...it was a good song! What can I say!?

Well that got me to thinking...why do I not allow Britlyn to watch that show. Is it just because it's a Disney show, because it is VERY popular, because I know other people who don't allow their kids to watch it? I really wasn't sure why I told her "no" when I haven't even watched the show. So, I told her I would watch it with her and see what it was like and then make my decision. Well, I watched it. Other than being VERY cheesy, the show was absolutely fine. No boyfriend/girlfriend stuff (which I think Brit is too young to get into), no bad language, nothing. Needless to say, Britlyn was extremely excited that I was going to let her watch it. I told her I wanted to watch it with her the first several times until I was confident that I was ok with it and there would be no Hannah Montana t-shirts or posters going up in her room! So, we have watched it several times over the past week. I actually think it is a cute show. It is like the "Full House" of my day.

The other day I was watching it with Britlyn and I looked over at Matt to find him staring at me with a smirk on his face. When I asked "what?" he pointed out that I was REALLY into the show...laughing along. I was a little embarrassed.

But I'm telling you...that Billy Ray Cyrus is a great actor...and funny too!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Okay, I will admit I am a secret Hannah Montana admirer :) I watch it with them and we talk about anything that I may not agree with on there. Plus, that gives me an excuse to watch it too :)