Friday, May 16, 2008

NKOTB Rock!!



If you are anywhere between the ages of say 26 - 36 or so, you remember just how COOL New Kids On The Block were back in the day! I had to "sneak" and listen to them because I wasn't allowed to listen to that kind of music (sorry Mom or Dad if you are reading this...I made it through ok!). I loved Jordan!!!

Well this morning, I turned on the Today show and guess who was making their debut comeback performance? You got it...Joey, Jordan, Jonathan, Donnie & Danny!! And yes, they were singing "Right Stuff", "Step by Step", "Hangin' Tough" and all of the other greats!!

It's good to see that good quality music is coming back! :)

P.S. My honest opinion is that they really didn't sound great this morning. Their voices didn't blend well. Could have been that they were singing outside in the rain or could be that their voices are different now that they are older. Anyways, I will pretend it was great as any loyal fan should do!

1 comment:

emily said...

Do you remember the posters all over my walls? I was such a huge fan. But I will break it to you that they never did sound all that great! I saw them when they played Riverfront on my birthday. ;) In fact, most rock starts don't sound great live. That's why so many of them lip-synch, especially from our era! :) They are still cuties though. And I totally enjoyed their Today performance.