Monday, May 5, 2008

I WILL Pick My Battles!!!

The other night when I was putting Avery to bed, she insisted on wearing these...



I have learned that I will pick my battles!

Holding my hand while walking in the parking lot...a battle I will win!

Taking an afternoon nap...a battle I will win!

Wearing bunny ears to bed...go for it!!


In other news...


A couple of months ago, Britlyn came home from school and informed us that there was a speech contest in her class. They had to memorize a poem or Bible passage and recite it in class. Four people from her class would be chosen to go on to an area Speech Meet to recite along with 4 other schools. Britlyn really wanted to win from her class and worked really hard and made it to the Speech Meet in April. She was awarded the Superior ribbon...the hightest you could get! We were SOOOOO proud of her!


When I mentioned to Matt afterwards that maybe sports wasn't going to be her thing...maybe she would be more into the Arts, the look he gave me was all I needed to know that she WOULD be participating in sports as well. Synchronized swimming...here we come!

No comments: