Thursday, September 11, 2008

Conversations with a 2 Year Old...

My conversation with Avery after dropping Britlyn off at school:

Avery: Where are we going?

Me: Home

Avery: I don't want to go home.

Me: Well, we need to go home.

Avery: No, Mommy, I don't won't to go home!

Me: I'm sorry, honey, but we have to go home

Avery: I. DON'T. WANT. TO. GO HOME!!!!!!

I quit arguing with her. After a couple of minutes of silence in the car:

Avery: I want Daddy.

Me: Daddy's at work.

Avery: Daddy not at work. I want Daddy.

Me: Avery, I am sorry but Daddy is at work. He will be home later tonight.

Avery: No, Daddy's not at work! I want my Daddy.

Me: Avery, Daddy is at work. I am sorry, but you can see him later.

Avery (whining): BUT. I. WANT. DADDY!!!!!

I think I am in for a long road with her (sigh)! It's a good thing she's cute!!




My conversation with Avery as we are leaving Ladies Bible Study at church:

Avery: My teacher is mean.

Me: Why is she mean?

Avery: She said "No".

Me: Why did she say no?

Avery: She won't let me take my crackers home.

Me: What do you mean?

Avery: In my [diaper] bag. I put my crackers in my bag and she said "No."

Me: That doesn't make her mean. She just doesn't want you to put crackers in your diaper bag.

Avery: She is mean. I'm not going to church anymore.

Me: (Laughing!!!)

Avery: Don't laugh...it's not funny.

Please pray for Avery as she has decided church is not in her future!! :)

No comments: